Our mission at Santander Universities is to support students on three different levels.
These levels are education, entrepreneurship, and employability. Student loans are offered through the portal of personal loans. These student loans include funding and loans for graduate studies as well as to access financial and banking services.
Affordable student loans
We believe all students deserve the opportunity to succeed, regardless of personal financial circumstances. For over a decade Santander Universities UK has been collaborating with a large network of university partners. The objective of this is to remove financial barriers for deserving students.
Tailor-made financial student support
At Santander Universities we offer tailor-made student loans packages of financial and in-kind support. This way we help students to boost their career prospects through paid internships or overseas travel. We also empower them to make their business ideas a reality and offer support in the way of scholarships and bursaries and to get their first car loan or first mortgage.
Prospect students looking to obtain a graduate loan will have to apply through the university they study at, or plan to study shortly. We have a partnership with over 80 universities.
A complete list of our partner universities can be found on our website. We also offer scholarships, travel awards and research grants through a global network of partners.
For graduates looking to start a career within banking, we offer a well-structured graduate and internship scheme. Driven and enthusiastic individuals are always sought after throughout the various departments in the bank.
Tailor-made personal loans
You can apply for student loans from £1,000 up to £20,000. Existing Santander customers can apply for loans above £20,000 up to an amount of £25,000. We offer an easy to use loan calculator. You choose the amount you would like to borrow and the term of the loan and you will instantly get a breakdown of your monthly repayment, Annual Percentage Rate representative and the total amount the student loan will cost you at end of the term.
Santander – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate from 3.3%
- Loan Amount up to £10,000
- Repayment 12 months to 60 months
Benefits of Santander
- Overpay your loan at no extra charge
- Apply quickly online
- Get a decision in 24 hours
Student loan calculator
Sandander has quick and affordable student loans
Santander will not take a charge over your property as the loan is unsecured.
It is a fixed sum of money borrowed which is then repaid in monthly agreed-upon instalments over an agreed period.
The application process
Applying for a student loan at Santander is effortless. You can apply online in the comfort of your home or office between 24 hours a day. Applications filed between 6:30 am and 11:30 pm will usually receive an answer within 5 minutes of applying.
By submitting your loan application between 11:30 pm and 6:30 am, you will receive an email with a decision by 7:30 am. If your application is accepted, you will receive a further email with the details of how to sign your loan agreement online. As soon as your application is accepted we will send you a code by first class post. Once you enter the details online your fund or student credit cards will be released to your chosen bank account within 2 working days.
To qualify for a loan at Santander you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Permanently live in the United Kingdom
- A minimum annual income of at least £6,000.
- You need to be able to make repayments by Direct Debit
- Have not dad a CCJ or an IVA or been declared bankrupt within the last 6 years
- We allow a maximum of two people to be named on any single Personal Loan application.
We do not charge any arrangement or set up fees when you apply for a personal loan at Santander. Loan rates are fixed and will remain so for the life of your loan.
Personalized interest rate
Annual Percentage Rate, or APR, indicates the overall cost of credit as an annual rate of charge. As this includes the interest, charges and any other costs involved in obtaining credit, it makes it easy to compare your loan charges across the market.
The APR you pay will depend upon the amount you wish to borrow and a credit and affordability assessment.
Uses of a personal loan
- Debt consolidation is a financial savvy reason to consider a personal loan. If your Santander personal loan rate is lower than the existing rates you are currently paying on store cards and credit cards, you can reduce your monthly repayments.
- Whether you are buying your first car or would like to upgrade to a newer model, a personal loan gives you the freedom to buy exactly where you want. The loan is not secured against your car.
- A personal loan can allow you to do the home improvements you have always wanted to do. From a new kitchen to an extra bathroom or the loft conversion.
- Special occasions sometimes require special funding. Whether it is a dream wedding, a holiday of a lifetime or another dream you want to realize, a personal loan can turn that into a reality.
No early payment penalties
If you are in a position to pay your loan in full earlier than the agreed-upon term, you will not be required to pay all of the interest due over the remainder of the agreement.
You may also choose to make a partial repayment. We will then reduce the term of your loan or you can choose to reduce your monthly repayment and maintain your original loan term.
Santander is a trusted & reliable provider of student loans
In our review, Santander adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Santander is a registered credit provider in the UK; FCA number 106054
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Your professional, experienced staff were a huge help. I think you should be proud of the service you provide your clients.
— Oxford —
Getting a student loan from Santander was the best thing I could’ve done.
— Leeds —
- not available
- 406 Strand Central London Greater London WC2R 0NE United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed