Santander started operating in 2004.
Ever since we set our foot in the industry, we have transformed, moving from our heritage of three former building societies to a full-service retail and commercial bank.
We started small
When we started, we were less equipped, we were not able to provide some of the services we offer currently. Over the past years, we launched investment Hub, which is a digital end-to-end mortgage application process, the Kabbage online loan platform and rolled out a new customer relationship management tool.
The purpose of Santander
All we strive to do is to help people and businesses prosper. We strive to see us as one of the best financial services platforms by acting responsibly and earning the lasting loyalty of our people, customers, shareholders, and communities. Loyalty to our customers remains at the core of our strategy, while we transform the bank for improved returns.
We always invest in strategic transformation
At Santander, we have a multilayer transformation program that aims to simplify, digitize and automate the bank by focusing on our operating model, structures and productivity. We also strive to achieve the following:
- Profitable growth in the Retail Banking business
- Improved returns for the Corporate business
- Enhanced efficiency and capital discipline
- We strive to deliver for our customers while building loyalty
- Improve existing, and build new, customer relationships
- Bring new product propositions and innovative digital offering
- Focused Corporate Banking origination in chosen sectors
We are always ready to lend a helping hand during moments that matter.
Before you make a loan application, please make sure that you're comfortable that you will be able to make the monthly repayments for the duration of the loan term.
Personal loan at Santander UK
A personal loan is an amount you borrowed from us, which is repaid in equal, fixed, monthly instalments over an agreed term. A personal loan is divided into two secured or unsecured.
With Santander's personal loan you can borrow from £1,000 to £20,000. But if you are an existing Santander customer, you can borrow up to £25,000.
The benefits of our personal loans
You are not forced to choose Santander loans thus when you choose to work with us, we ensure that you enjoy the duration of your loan. We give you amazing benefits that include:
- You apply online and get a decision within 24 hours.
- There won’t be an extra cost when you decide to overpay.
- You are eligible to get rates from 3.0% APR representative on loans from £7,500 to £15,000 for new and existing customers.
- You also enjoy Preferential rates for 1-2-3 World and Santander Select customers on selected loans.
Your loan status
After you have taken our loan, you pay a fixed monthly instalment by direct debit. And we will keep you updated about the status of the loan by sending you an annual statement confirming repayments made and repayments outstanding.
Santander Product Details
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate from 3%
- Loan Amount up to £20,000
- Repayment 1 year to 60 months
Summary of Services
- Overpay your loan at no extra charge
- Apply quickly online
- Get a decision in 24 hours
Get the most needed financial products at Santander UK
We have an online application that makes the loan application process easier.
Santander knows that when someone needs a quick loan, they shouldn’t be kept waiting. When you are approved you can expect to receive your funds.
The eligibility required when you apply for Santander services
At Santander, we receive thousands of loan applications. So, before you apply make sure you meet our general loans to save us time as well as saving yourself time. We do not even consider an application form that does not meet our general criteria. Before you apply for Santander loans you should be:
- A UK resident that is over 21 and permanently lives in the UK.
- Your yearly income should be £6,000+
- Be able to allow repayments by Direct Debit.
- Not been bankrupt, had a CCJ or an IVA within the last 6 years.
- Credit is subjected to status and credit checks.
The consequences when you do not keep up repayment
When you miss a repayment, we will deduct the missed payment and interest from your other accounts with us. While recording details with a credit reference agency that could damage your credit rating. You will have legal proceedings brought against you when you miss multiple repayments.
You can cancel your loan
Since loan application is a long process, it might happen that when you receive the loan amount you are no longer interested to get any loan. At Santander, we give you up to 14 days after you sign to change your mind and return the amount. However, you are not allowed to change your mind after 14 days.
Get hold of Santander to get your financial troubles sorted
No one plans to get a loan, but some circumstances require one to apply for a loan. When these circumstances knock at your door do not look further. Visit the Santander website to start your loan application. Which you will complete within 10 minutes. You can also be in contact with us daily through our social media platforms or call us.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
It is so easy to apply for Santander loans in just 10 minutes you are done.
— England —
Santander consultants know how to treat people they are amazing souls.
— London —
Santander Contact Details
- not available
- 48-54 Moorgate London EC2R 6EJ United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed