About – Sainsbury’s Bank
At Sainsbury's bank, we provide a wide variety of options for purchasing a car. We give you up to 7 years to repay the borrowed amount of your choice.
Sometimes people need a hand, or a ladder, to help them get financially going. We offer both. With our car loan amounts, you can choose how much you need to get going and how long you need to repay the loan off in.
A supermarket bank
We are proud to be the UK’s first supermarket bank; we have a heritage to be proud of. We have years of experience delivering care to our customers in their everyday lives. We offer a wide range of personal loans and even insurance, including car and travel insurance.
Things you will need when applying
- Your residential address and history for the last 3 years.
- Your annual income before tax
- Details of your monthly incomings and expenses
- The details of your employment, company name and address etc.
- And if applicable your Nectar card number
Please ensure the information provided is accurate, as inaccurate information can cause delays in your application and possibly affect the decision.
Services – Sainsbury’s Bank
When applying for a loan with us, a footprint will be left behind, other lenders will be able to see that you recently applied for a loan.
Loans must be repaid monthly via Direct Debit. If you wish to improve your credit ratings, you can make more payments on time, a skipped payment or late payments counts against you.
Loan payment plans
If you think you are going to miss a payment please get in touch with us immediately. If you intend to overpay please get in touch with us first. A missed payment will result in a fee of 25 pounds and other actions can be taken. There are no paid holidays after the first two months and that only applies if you included it in your application for the loan. If you wish to settle your loan early, please ask us for a settlement quote. There is no fee for settling early, but interest up to 58 days will be charged in the settlement quote.
You will receive a statement one year later around the same time you took the loan, or you can view your statement online if you choose to go paperless with us and have online banking. Online banking has many advantages such as: viewing the payments you have made, check your payment date, and much more.
Summary of Services
- PERSONAL Loans
- BUSINESS Loans
- CAR Loans
- HOME Loans
At Sainsbury's Bank you have a range of loans to choose from
We provide something to suit everyone, our services are bound to appeal to you
- A wide range of loan amounts from 1,000 pounds to 25,000 pounds, you get to choose.
- Choose how many months to repay it in, from 12 months to 84 months.
- An option for two months payment holiday at the start of the loan, interest is charged between the start of the loan and the first payment.
- Fixed monthly payments that will suit your budget.
- Apply online and receive an instant decision.
- Potentially no paperwork
- After a successful application, we usually send the money straightway, unless you have to sign the documents that we send to you. In this case, it can be 1 to 5 working days after we receive your signed documents.
- You can always query a decision if you are unhappy.
- If your loan request is declined you may apply again after 6 months.
- Personalized rates, based on the circumstances of the individual.
- Payment protection insurance
- Use our loan calculator to get an idea of what your interest rates could be and how much your monthly payment might be.
- You may request to borrow more.
- Easy to use online and mobile apps that try to cater to everyone needs, such as changeable text size, colour contrast to make it easier to read to name but a few. We aim for everyone to be able to use it.
- Support and assistance when applying for a loan.
- The money is paid directly into your bank account, for your convenience.
- A 10-minute online application process.
Do you qualify for one of our loans?
- You must be over 18 years of age and under 79, your loan must be paid back before you are 83 years old.
- You must have a UK based account.
- You need a permanent UK address.
- Have a consistent income, please check our list of incomes that do not count when applying with us.
- Have an annual gross income of over 7,500 pounds.
- Have a clean record, no county court judgement or bankruptcy.
- Have a mobile number to apply online.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I have always received excellent customer care, quick responses and friendly employees
— Plymouth —
I was able to buy the car I needed with greats rates
— Antwerp —
Ph: 0800 096 0543
- Monday 08:00 – 19:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 19:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 19:00
- Friday 08:00 – 19:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 17:00
- Sunday – Closed