About Sainsbury's Bank
Have a less than perfect credit score? You can still get great deals and rewards with Sainsbury’s Bank when you apply for a loan. The UK's first supermarket bank!
They have a wide range of other products like credit cards, savings, and bigger loans, travel money and car loans, home loans, pets, travel, and life insurance that you can get online or by telephone. A company with a very diverse and inclusive culture that is focussed on being an agile, capital, and cost-efficient provider of simple, mobile-led financial services even if your score is not so perfect.
Being a Nectar member will allow you to borrow between £1,000 - £40,000 and non-Nectar members can only borrow up to £25,000. You can also enjoy having the Argos Card, which will enable you to spread the cost of your purchases in Argos, as well as Argos Care for when breakdowns and accidents happen.
Quick access to cash even with bad credit
Don’t let your credit score hold you back, they will look at more than just your score. As long as you can afford to repay the loan, you are good to go! The great part is that they have no application of arrangement fees and you can apply 100% online. If you are a Nectar member you can qualify for an interest rate as low as 2.8% APR and borrow £7,500 - £25,000 for 37-60 months.
Your loan can be paid back over 1 to 7 years (depending on the amount you borrowed) with manageable, fixed monthly instalments. Applying for a bad credit loan with Sainsbury’s Bank is quick and easy and you could have access to cash within as little as 2 hours, or the next business day if you’re accepted.
Sainsbury's Bank Services
Get a bad credit cash loan to help you out with whatever cash emergency you are having.
Whether you’re planning to do some home improvements or taking a trip, maybe your car just broke down, or a utility bill just came up out of the blue. Maybe you’ve tried to apply with a different bank to get a loan, but have been declined. Give Sainsbury’s Bank a try, an online bad credit loan from them might just be what you need to help you through and easily repay monthly without stress. Get an instant answer when you apply, they will only sometimes need some extra information before they can let you know.
Savings for a better future
Access all kinds of savings products to help you save up for a better future.
- Defined Access Saver
- eSaver Special
- Extra Saver
- All savings
- Cash ISA
- Fixed-Rate Saver
- Fixed-Rate Cash ISA
Insurance – get the protection you need
Life can be full of unexpected surprises and it could possibly leave you in a very sticky financial situation if you do not prepare for when the worst happens. They cover all kinds of risks like your car, home, pet, life, contents, etc.
Sainsbury's Bank – Bad credit loan
- Loan Type Bad credit loans
- Interest Rate from 2.8%
- Loan Amount up to £40,000
- Repayment 1 year to 7 years
Benefits of Sainsbury's Bank
- Fixed monthly repayments
- Quick online application
- Instant approval
Bad credit loan calculator
Credit cards – 0% interest on balance transfers for up to 29 months
They offer a great range of competitive credit cards to help you manage your money better and have direct access to cash whenever you need it.
The great part is that you won’t have to pay interest if you pay the money back in a certain period.
Apply in a few simple steps
Step 1: Get started by just entering how much you’d like to borrow in the calculator.
Step 2: Complete their quick and easy online loans application form.
They will work out your possible interest rate, monthly payment amount, and total cost in just a few clicks. This is all done without affecting your credit score as they will only do a soft credit check.
Step 3: If you are happy to proceed you can upload any documents they might need and sign your agreement online.
Step 4: Receive the funds!
Their lending criteria for bad credit loans
- Be able to show that you have the affordability each month to repay the loan you are applying for.
- You’ll need to be at least 18 years old and less than 80 when you apply.
- You’ll have to have a UK-based bank or building society account that can accept direct debits.
- If you’re applying for a joint loan, you should ensure that the first-named applicant must be named on the nominated bank account.
- Have a permanent UK address.
- Be permanently employed or be retired with a pension.
- Have a gross annual income of over £7,500
- No history of any judgments or bankruptcy
Requirements when applying
- Your residential address or addresses for the past three years.
- Your sort code and account number.
- Your monthly incomings and outgoings.
- Your employer's name and address.
- Your Nectar card number if you are a Nectar member.
Benefits of getting a short-term loan
- Access to great deals and awards when you are a member.
- Get access to the cash you need – even though you have a less than perfect credit rating.
- Easily repay your bad credit loan without stress.
- An online application process that will only take a few minutes.
- Competitive rates
- Reliable and trustworthy service delivery.
- Same day money transfers
Sainsbury's Bank is a trusted & reliable provider of bad credit loans
In our review, Sainsbury's Bank adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Sainsbury's Bank is a registered credit provider in the UK; FCA number 184514
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I went from pillar to post to get approved for a loan, no one was willing to help me until I asked Sainsbury’s Bank to assist.
— Edinburgh —
They deliver world-class service and have staff that has a ‘can-do attitude’. Great company!
— Manchester —
Their process is so stress-free and easy, I got exactly what I needed.
— Cardiff —
Sainsbury's Bank Contact
- 3 Lochside Ave Edinburgh EH12 9DJ United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 22:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 22:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 22:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 22:00
- Friday 08:00 – 22:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 19:00
- Sunday 08:00 – 19:00